The statue of the great poet and writer created by Willibald Russ was erected opposite the Chapel of St Anna in 1932. J.W. Goethe used to visit Loket. It was also here he celebrated his 74th birthday with Mrs Levetzow and her daughters. The poet fell in love with young Ulrika von Levetzow but he also experienced with amorous disillusion after her refusal his asking to marry him. Then he never returned to Loket.